1. Are you a yarn snob (do you prefer higher quality and/or natural fibers)? Do you avoid Red Heart and Lion Brand?
I don't consider myself a yarn snob, however, I do like some of the nice yarns out there. I tend to Loom Knit a lot with Lion Brand yarns, however, when it comes to needle knitting I stick to the nicer yarns. Red Heart yarns are avoided if at all possible.
2. Do you spin? Crochet?
I do on both. I just learned how to spin so it is a new found love, I like spinning yarns that have Angelina in them.
3. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have 2 needle cases for my straights and dpns, I also have an Addi Turbo case for my Circular Needles.
4. How long have you been knitting? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I have been knitting for about 9 months. I consider myself an advanced beginner that meddles a bit in the advanced :).
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
I have an Amazon wish list on the side bar
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.)
I don't use candles--little ones like to touch them. Bath products, I enjoy Moonlight Path from Bed Bath and Beyond.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
Always game for some yummy dark chocolate.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do?
I *love* loom knitting. I also like to create things with beads but I am afraid I am not really creative when it comes to them.
9. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I enjoy listening to dance music, pop, and alternative. I don't really go for country (sorry, but it has never gotten in my blood). I can definitely play MP3s
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? Any colors you just can't stand?
Yarns: I usually buy dark colors: charcoal grey, burgundy, dark blue. I guess I am in the Winter colors. I can't wear brown or beige--it kind of makes me look all washed out since I have a permanent tan ;).
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
Married to 1 ;), 2 children--Bryant who will turn 4 at the end of the month, and Nyah who just turned 1. No pets.
12. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I do wear scarves and hats. No mittens and no ponchos (I am a bit tubby and it makes me look a bit bigger).
13. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with?
I *love* alpaca. I *adore* hand dyed yarns.
14. What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
Fun Fur--eeek! and anything similar to it. If it feels like plastic, I don't like it.
15. What is/are your current knitting obsession/s?
Socks, cables, and felting
16. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
Socks and cables
17. What are you knitting right now?
Hmmm, a secret project, but on the side I am knitting socks ;)
18. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? Yep!
19. Do you prefer straight or circular needles?
It depends on the project, but when knitting with circulars, I tend to only use my Addis
20. Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
Bamboo for dpns and single points, Addis for circulars. I have all the larger sizes on Addis, however, I don't have any of the smaller sizes (both number wise and length)
21. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
Yep to both :)
22. How did you learn to knit? I took a class
23. How old is your oldest UFO? A couple of months
24. What is your favorite animated character or a favorite animal/bird? Eeyore
25. What is your favorite holiday? My birthday, hehehe
26. Is there anything that you collect? Yarn and dust!
27. What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? IK, and Spin Off
28. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on?
Some more Socks that Rock yarn. Needles: smaller length Addis.
29. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
30. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Yes, I wear a size 6.5 shoe, measure 9" around the ball of the foot.
31. When is your birthday? 10/17