- My children notice the items I knit. If I tell them that the item I am knitting is going to go to little children in need-especially, if I tell them that the little children have no Mommy and Daddy, and definitely no toys.
- Trust your instinct and knit something you enjoy--even if what you enjoy is cables. See the cute little cables hat I designed (Miriam--I bet you are proud of me, almost a year after I learned to knit, I am on the go designing my own little hats!)
- Even though the children in No.1 enjoy me knitting items, they get tired of posing for the pictures.
- Must buy a child size head for picture posing so children in No.1 don't kick me in the shins
- Learned how to make horizontal stripes that don't go up one row! Yippee, Dlandra, you see, I got off my lazy butt and looked for the instructions on how to do it, hehehe.
- I *love* knitting items for others that are in need of them
- Must get a 16" length needles to make my hat making a bit easier
I loved knitting these items for the Dulaan Project. I would do it again-gold medal involved or no gold medal involved. The feeling of accomplishment has been great.
My great feeling of accomplishment was topped off with this :
I feel like a celebrity, almost everyone at church stopped me to tell me that they saw my picture in the paper....I felt sooo shy, (rosy cheeks).